Thursday, December 18, 2008

Finals Week

Finals week is one of the most stressful weeks any college student will face. For me i always dread finals. It means a sold 2 weeks at least of studying previously learned concepts and facts. My finals schedule was as follows: Monday-Spanish. Tuesday-Astronomy. Wednesday-supposedly nothing. Thursday-Geography on-line final. And finally Friday-Environmental Science. But that wasn't at all how it went.

Monday-Spanish final. Didn't happen. There was not enough snow that we couldn't get to school. Yet my teacher didn't show up. I spent all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday study for this final only to have it held off until Wednesday. One up side another 2 days to study. Down side it wasn't over!

Tuesday-Astronomy final. I spent all of Tuesday morning studying for this final. I'm not a big fan of the whole math thing. So when i got into the class and found out it was all physics i was completely bummed. Our professor made it clear at the beginning of the semester that if we didn't pass the lab portion of the class we would fail the class. I did exceptionally well on every single quiz and test, getting A's and B's on all. I wish i could say the same for the lab portion. I got D's and F's on quite a few of the labs..meaning unfortunately i failed the class. : ( No matter how well i did on the final (which i got a 185 out of 200 on) i still failed the class.

Wednesday-Spanish final day 2. We actually took the final on Wednesday, which i figured i would completely bomb because i could never conjugate the verbs. But i actually did really well and got a 70 out of 80 on it. Spanish grade...B.

Thursday-Geography. What can i say..even with the book in front of me i still completely tanked on this test getting a spectacular 51 out of 100.

Friday-Environmental Science final. This final is yet to be determined. Because of the ice/snow storm we are supposed to get i do not know what the out come of driving ability will be tomorrow morning.

As for finals week...i am ready to say bon voyage! At least until May of next year. I am ready for Christmas break..to spend time with my family. I am more than ready to spend as much time as possible with Danny over the next few weeks, as these are my last few weeks with him before he goes to Pennsylvania for 9 months. So say good-bye to finals and school for a while and spend some time with your family and loved ones.

No comments: