Sunday, July 5, 2009

The 4th...

This year the 4th of July was not at all normal. Normally the weekend before the 4th or the weekend of the 4th, we have our annual reunion in Middlebury. Not this year. The original plan was to have a gathering at Essenhaus, then that fell through so no reunion. Also the past 2 4th of July's Danny and I have had a pretty nice little display of fireworks. The first year we had 2 back packs full. Last year we had a duffel bag and and back pack full. This year? The only fireworks I bought were the lame flashers and a box of crackle balls. So no fireworks bought. Then lastly, Danny's not here. It's very strange to not have him here to go watch fireworks, or to be buying fireworks.

The only fireworks I have seen are the Bremen ones and then Black Squirrel ones. Bremen's were last night and they were pretty cool. Troy and I walked around the Fair and as per tradition we had to play the win a fish game. And one out of 56 balls and of course it was Troy's. Then we went back to the Huff's and we played some more croquet, then back to watch fireworks.

Tonight we went to Goshen and watched fireworks. I took corn hole and my dad and Troy and Grandpa and I played. I actually had a good corn hole night. Fireworks were awesome tonight!

I had the choice yesterday to go to the beach with some friends. My car has a wheel barring that is going bad and I didn't want to risk driving all the way up to St. Joe and risking breaking down someplace. Instead I went to Bremen and had a fun afternoon and evening with my family.

But overall this has been a very weird and strange 4th of July...

No comments: