Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Power outage

Tonight we do not have power. Our entire STREET doesn't have power. What to do when there is no power?

Well with my family we dig out our 12 flash lights which none of them have batteries in them and use those. Then we pull out 16 MILLION candles out of the "coffin" cabinet, and set them out places. Then we sit and eat some food. My dad went out to get the lantern and we've used that all night. Our neighbor has a generator so they have power, which means i have internet.

We did our separate things for a while, my mom read and my dad at some cake and i drew on my sketch pad. I started getting bored, so i started wondering around the house. My dad decided he had to pee (we have a well not good when the power goes off) so he went out back to pee and he almost peed on some kind of creature. It may have been a cat or a opossum but either way it's funny.

Now it was time for a couple games of Yahtzee. So we set up a table, bring the lantern over and sit ourselves down and start the game. 4 rounds into the game we realize that we are rolling A LOT of 3's and 4's. So we look at the 2 red dice and sure enough one is all 3's and one is all 4's, we laughed and exchanged those dice for 2 normal ones.

Mom won the first game, dad the second and mom the last. Now they are going to bed. Me? I am going to play on my computer until the battery is dead, then i'm going to TRY and get some sleep. I don't know how well that will work out with out the white noise of my humidifier. But i guess we will see. Over all it was a pretty fun night.

Still no power sucks! I hope we have power tomorrow!!!

No comments: