Saturday, January 24, 2009

Beautiful House On the Rock Resort.

This is a picture of the view from my room.

So right at this moment my parents and I are sitting in rooms at the House on the Rock Resort in Spring Green, WI. I have my own room since I got to the room first. We have a balcony, a whirlpool tub, 2 TVs, and a kitchenette. We just had an AMAZING dinner at the Grandview restaurant. My mom and I had Cajun chicken and my dad had Lemon peppered chicken. So good!! My parents and I were the only ones in the place, until a wedding reception came in. They have a fitness center that is open 24 hours and a pool that is open from 7am to 11pm. We're getting ready to head down to the pool, i'm going to the fitness center, then the pool.

Tomorrow is breakfast in downtown Spring Green then off to the House on the Rock for an ultimate tour! The last time I was here was sophomore year of high school. They have changed it around and added new attractions so I am excited to see what it's like now!

Some people might consider it a wast to drive 5 hours to get here just for 24 hours, but it is so worth it if you see the house on the rock and stay at this resort!

Oh funny story. As we were coming up to the resort there was a fork in the road and my mom said to take the right fork, even though the sign clearly said to take the left one. So we took the right one and ended up WAY up the top of this HUGE hill!! But it was so beautiful from the top of it. We were winding and twisting on the road. There were houses up there on the sides of the hill, and their drive-ways were almost straight up and down. I don't know how people do it.

So i'm going to go enjoy the 2 hot tubs and the 2 pools, along with the 24 hr fitness center. YAY!!!

No comments: